Who am I?
My name is Lori Miller, and I am the Creator of GlutenfreeGlobalicious! I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease on November 9th, 2009, and it turned out to be the best day of my life because I finally knew what was wrong.
Not only do I live a totally gluten-free life, but I also have a dairy allergy and live 100% dairy-free and 99.9% grain-free because of Sarcoidosis, Histamine Intolerance, Hypothyroidism, Fibromyalgia, and a few other Autoimmune issues, that can cause chronic inflammation, if not maintained with specific dietary protocols.
GlutenfreeGlobalicious Magazine was born out of my love for food and travel. I started traveling the world at 16-years old when I was chosen to represent my high school on a summer exchange program to Japan. Coming from a pretty strict, old-world Mexican family, I was the first person in my family to travel abroad at such a young age without parents. Needless to say, this trip changed my life and gave me an eternal passion for travel!
A California native, raised in the farmlands of Northern California, my husband and I live in the Los Angeles area where I worked as a Private Chef and Caterer for over 20+ years. Over the years, I've learned to adapt so many of my recipes into allergen-friendly versions, and I'm happy to be able to share them here with you.
What do I do?
In addition to running GFG Mag, I currently freelance (worldwide) as a:
- Gluten-free Menu Consultant
- Gluten-free Product Developer
- Promotional & Editorial Recipe Developer
- Food Stylist & Food Photographer
I hope you enjoy the globally diverse content in GlutenfreeGlobalicious Magazine!
♡ Lori Miller
Creator + Chef + Writer + Photographer
- Pop-Up Culinary Instructor at Williams Sonoma - Gluten-free Churros and Donut Pop-Up on Saturday, October 27th, 2018 at 12 pm at Westfield Valencia Town Center in Valencia, California
- I also love writing mini ebook cookbooks and am the author of ’Pure Fresh Donuts’ (Amazon 2016) and ’Gluten-free Doughlicious’ (Coming 2108)
Professional Culinary Affiliations
- International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP)
- James Beard Foundation (JBF)
- California Food Handlers Certification (Premier Food Safety)
Me covered in mineral-loaded mud at The Dead Sea, Israel